Saturday, October 10, 2015

Meet Our Newest Mavens!!!!

Happy Saturday afternoon! I would love to introduce our brand new additions to our fabulously talented team of Mavens. Be sure to go visit them and welcome them to our team! 
Without further adieu..... 
My name is Carolyn Johnson and I live in Winnipeg, Canada. I'm a teacher by day and a scrap-a-holic by night. I have a 4 year-old daughter who is the focus of my scrapbook but occasionally my husband and I make an appearance. I began scrapbooking in 2011 as a way to give myself a break during a very stressful year. I quickly became hooked and now I make layouts any chance I can get. I love making cute, funny and pretty pages with a variety of techniques and products. I'm very excited to be a part of Sketches in Thyme! My work can be seen on my blog at: http://ramblingsofawinnipegmommy.blogspot.ca where there is also a link to my Pinterest gallery. 

Hi All. I'm Deb from down under, lol. Devonport, Tasmania, Australia to be exact. I am a proud wife of 20 years to Daz, and very proud mumma to Sam (19) and Mitch (17). No pink to be seen in my family. I have been scrapbooking for maybe 14 or 15 years having started with a Creative Memories party and I haven't looked back. I tend to collect more than use supplies though. I am a very simple scrapper, love white space and lots of layers, although I am trying to branch out and have started a Mixed Media Journal to see how I go - it will be a long time before I incorporate too much mixed media in my scrapbooking though. This is my second stint at Sketches in Thyme, having been on the DT back in 2011/12. I am so looking forward to working with all of you and drooling over your sensational creations. My blog is http://tassiedeb.blogspot.com.au - it has been sadly neglected but that is about to change :)

Hey! My name is Angela but I go by Ange (anj) around the scrappy world. I'm married and have 4 kids; 2 girls 17 & 13 and 2 boys 12 & 6. My family keeps me running for sure. We have a lot of fun following our oldest in Volleyball and Softball, but I'm super sad that this is her senior year. The school year is going to fly by for sure. My other kids keep us pretty busy too with soccer, dance, baseball & wrestling. Besides running to kids activities I like to stay busy playing softball and volleyball whenever I can. Along with scrapping and sports I love taking photos. Specifically of my kids but have dabbled a little in Family, Senior and Sports shoots too.

I have been scrapping for a long time now. (that number felt too big too type ;) lol) So my style has evolved over the years, it's super fun to go back and see just how far I've come and how much I've learned. My favorite part of scrapbooking is reliving all of those wonderful moments my family has created and lived. I love seeing things we've done and accomplished over the years. I really enjoy using sketches and can't wait to get started here on the Sketches in Thyme team!

My Blog: http://scrappingcompulsion.blogspot.com/

Hi there! My name is Rachelle from the scrap land in Toledo, OH. I am the mother of 2 grown sons and 2 lovely grandchildren. Prior to my illness I was a 6th grade teacher for over 7 years and I so loved it.
I started scrapbooking in 2008 when I viewed a friends work. My passion quickly turned into addiction for this type of artistry and I never looked back. I am very passionate about this hobby. It's not just about creating albums but it is a work of art. I love taking pictures to use to document life. Thus, here I am today enjoying my passion as therapy and inspiration to others. Now that I am wheelchair bound, each day is filled with being inspired, creating, providing inspiration through my work and treasuring the memories. My fave style is shabby chic. I love working with flowers, pearls, girly look, lace, and soft pastel colors.
My obsession has expanded since 2009 for creating cards, tags, altered art work, mixed media, wood and canvas artwork. I love using a variety of techniques, elegant and fun elements. Yes, I do send out a few cards. My style has been described as detailed, beautiful, and multifaceted. My greatest strength is attention to detail. I easily adapt my style depending on the type of project. You will see a mixture of styles while looking through my gallery. I like to take the viewer on a visual journey of my designs. I am so blessed and excited to be a Maven here on the design team of Sketches in Thyme.

My Blog: http://scrapping247365.blogspot.com/

Hi! I'm Sandy from CT. I've been married for 24 years and I'm excited about our vacation on our 25th anniversary (July). Between us we have 4 sons, 3 DILs or significant others, 2 granddaughters, 1 grandson and 3 wonderful boys that may be in our family in the future. We also have our 2 Chihuahuas, who you will see in between layouts of my grandchildren. We have 3 sister cats and a rat terrier, too... lol. I kid my husband that we should build an ark soon. I was injured while at work and that led to surgery, which led to a severe disability and I am now housebound (the good part is that I'm home all the time and I have a scraproom!). I've been scrapping since I found Sandi Genovese and Carol Duvall on HGTV. It's my passion and it's the best therapy ever! I'm so happy to be here and I'm looking forward to creating and getting to know everyone. You can find my creations at Writerlady's Craftroom,http://writerladyscraftroom.blogspot.com/.

Hello from Indiana! I'm Joannie. I'm married with 3 kids. We also have a dog and a cat! I work part time for our school system. I am an aid on a bus with preschoolers to middle schoolers with disablitliies. I was introduced to scrapbooking by my mother in-law and sister in-law 20 years ago. I love to go to crops with friends and shop for new scrappy supplies!! I'm so happy to be here!

Hi! I'm Chris/Christine from Suburban Philadelphia. I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I have been married to my wonderful husband since 1988. Between us we have three daughters, one son, two granddaughters and three grandsons. I started scrapping after the birth of our first grandson at the same time my daughter announced she was pregnant with our first granddaughter. I started scrapping 8 1/2 x 11, moved to 12 x 12 double layouts and now primarily scrap single 12 x 12 layouts. I can also be found here;http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/user/12903249-emmapaige. I love using sketches and am thrilled to be part of Sketches in Thyme!

I started scrapping in 2003. At that time, I was quite ill, and scrapping became a time of healing for me so to speak. I work at a State Park, which allows me the opportunity to take lots of photos, which I would say nature is my favorite thing to scrap. Second would be my grand children. My husband is probably my biggest fan, and every now and then gives me great ideas to try! I look at scrapping not as an obsession, though it really is, lol. But I feel in a way it is my legacy. My children and grand children can look thru these books someday, and between my photos, and journaling, which I feel is very important, they will know me, and what I loved.http://www.acherryontop.com/.../37385366-oceanbreezes423
 Happy Scrapping, 

2 comments:

  1. Here is Joannie's blog link: https://smalltownscrapper.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

The Mavens and I appreciate you stopping by to leave some love and for your scraptastic entry!