Monday, August 31, 2015

Welcome our newest Mavens!!!!!

We would like to welcome our new Mavens! These ladies will begin designing in September. You will see some as weekly Mavens and some at the end the of month in a new feature we will be introducing in just a few short days. So without further adieu....... 
Born and raised in South Texas, I'm a 35 yr old who is lucky enough to work from home as a software developer. I'm happily married to my wonderful husband of 8 years. We have four furbabies who tend to be in my scrapbooks more often than other subjects - Jeffrey (11 yr old Corgi mix), Ruby and Bear (10 yr black labs, littermates) and Penny Lane (2 1/2 yr old german shepherd mix). I started scrapbooking in 2009 after seeing my sister-in-law work on her Family scrapbook. We took a trip to Hobby Lobby and I was like a kid in a candy store, seeing all the stickers and papers. After that, I was hooked! And have been scrapping ever since! I am so excited to be part of the Sketches in Thyme Design Team!

 I am a retired English teacher living in paradise.  My wonderful
husband of 20 years and I live in a small village on the Gulf Coast of
Florida.  We travel, have fun with our twin grandsons and their sister
and have adventures with our friends.
I have been playing with paper and glue for eons, have taught both
scrapbooking and altered art at scrap book stores, conventions and
privately in my home.  My motto is " A day without creating is a day
without sunshine".
I am very excited to create for Sketches in Thyme and to work with the
amazing designers here.

I am married to the love of my life for 41 years now. He is still the one! We have two children and two grandchildren. They provide me with many beautiful pictures to scrapbook. I have been making scrapbook pages now for close to 20 years. I started when my grandson was very small and he is nearly 20 now. I love paper and my scrapbook room is very full of paper. I love embellishments too but I have not gotten to the point that I use an abundance of them. I like a pretty clean and simple page but every so often, well I go a little crazy and put lots on a page. I really love to make pages that make me smile as I make them.  I think when it makes me smile that I have done a good job.  I love using sketches to scrap with as it really makes me step outside the box and my pages take on new life and look different and fresh.  Sketches in Thyme really helps me to do that with at least 4 sketches a month.  I am so glad to be part of this amazing team.

Hi.  I'm Masami, and living in New Jersey US with my family.
I'm a full-time housewife and also a mom of 2 vibrant boys of 9 & 6.
It's been almost 5 years since I first ran into scrapbooking, and now I'm officially addicted to it!
I don't have a particular style of scrapbooking.  What I can say is I love pattern papers, pop colors, and clean & simple designs.
I basically get inspired by the photos, so I usually start with picking photos then build up my ideas.  In that case, most of the photos I use are about my family, so scrapbooking is the essential way of memory keeping to me.

Hi! My name is Connie Hall and I have been scrapbooking for over 10 years and been contributing online just over 4.  I have been married almost 26 years and we have 7 Children. 6 of our own and 1 chosen son.  We currently have 3 dog; Havoc, Motley and Maverick.  I also have a Nephew Asher that I scrapbook often.  I love to use Flowers, lace, stencils and paint.  I create a variety of styles Project life, Traditional, 3D and Mixed media. Most of my pages have layers and textures.  I am excited to be a Maven at Sketches in Thyme.

Hello! My name is Sara. I am 36 years old.I have been married to my wonderful husband for 16 years. I am mother to two boys (ages 15 and 9) and two puppies.I work very part- time in home health care and homeschool my boys. I have been scrapbooking for about 
14 years.I love to scrapbook everyday stories and moments.I scrapbook because I LOVE being artistic and creative. Sometimes it's clean and simple, sometimes I like to get messy with paints, inks, and mists. I can't wait to share my creations with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mavens and I appreciate you stopping by to leave some love and for your scraptastic entry!