Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Fond Farewell from Sketches in Thyme

Back in April of 2011 I took over here as Challenge Coordinator, and in May of the same year I started designing the SIT sketches as well- did you know that before that this blog just borrowed sketches from other sites? It has been a great 2+ years, but it's time for me to step back and take a break for a bit. take some time off and let my creativity get refreshed. While I'm sad to see it go for now, I know it's the right decision for me. With that being said, some of the Mavens are here to show off their favorite sketch that they used while being here at SIT, along with the beautiful layouts they've created. Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we? 

 
this was my fist sketch created for Sketches in Thyme, originally posted May 2011 
and here's what I created: 


Rita


My first LO in this fantastic DT! Thanks :)
The original post is here, May 2013



Doreen
First let me say, I am very sad that SIT has to take a hiatus as it is a great team to be on  not to mention I have been greatly inspired by the sketches! However, I understand the need to take a break... I am thinking of going back and creating layouts based on the sketches that were designed for the team I was not on and this will allow me to still be inspired by this great blog!!

Now on to my sketch choice...It was hard to pick a favorite! But ultimately this is what I chose:

Sketch #96:


 And my take on it:

Besides the fact that the sketch allowed for a wide range of interpretation, I love it because in the end it helped me to create one of my favorite layouts!
Here is the link to the original post: Sketch #96

Leila
I want to thank all of you for letting me be part of this wonderful team and work for over a year with beautiful sketches here ...
Has several sketches that loved working and the pages have become favorite for me, but I chose him out of all this ...

This is the sketch, o #107...

Jinny
I cannot even begin to describe what a wonderful ride this has been.  Sketches in Thyme has inspired hundreds of pages for my albums and introduced me to so many new friends, and for those reasons, I will be forever grateful.  It is so difficult to say goodbye, but we all understand the need for rest.  I've been here now since May of 2011, so it was super hard for me to pick only one favorite layout; but one thing that I adore about Tiffany's designs is that every month she never failed to deliver a fabulous two-pager.  So, I narrowed it down to my own takes on her two-pagers and came up with this one, from way back in June 2012, for Challenge #82, to share with you all.  Be blessed, friends!


Surama
I'm sad by this news but understand that sometimes we need to make choices and take action.
I would like to thank you for the opportunity to have been DT this awesome blog for almost 1 year.
I'll miss you!

I choose this sketch (the original post is here):


And here is my layout:

I haven't been here very long, but am terribly sad to see SIT go. I understand the reasons and am thnakful to have had the opportunity here.  I hope it comes back someday soon.
I chose this sketch from this post

and here is my LO




9 comments:

  1. Darn...I just found you and I love this Site. Gonna miss you but I know how life goes. Will the Blog still stay up for inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sad to see you gals go. I love the sketches and always check out your blog. I hope that you can archive all your sketches so we can still use them!! Good luck!! and thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to see you go! I've only participated in one or two of the challenges (I always had the best of intentions) but loved seeing the new sketches and what amazing work the team did with them. Best wishes to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! What a surprise! But a very understanding one! Thank you to all of the Mavens that always left wonderful comments. Hopefully we still run into to you here and there in Blog Land. Thanks for the great inspiration. SIT was always my GOTO blog. Thanks a zillion!!! Hope you come back some day.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwww, I'm crying out loud.
    ? Just found your blog, was incredibly inspired, i hate sketches and they are always a trouble for me, but yours were WONDERFUL!!!! AMAZING!!!! So easy to understand, so clean and so inspiring.. and I''ve just been in the challenge once and you go... awww... well, have a good time! Good luck and have fun! Hope you'll be back one day.
    And I'm off to continue my months long journey to find a decent sketch challenge...
    Best wishes, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I am sad to hear the news. Love your sketches and playing along. Best of luck on your future endeavors! Thank you for everything!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to see you go. Best of luck on your future creative projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so sad to see any sketch blog shut down! I enjoyed being able to use your sketches, so thanks for the inspiration, and enjoy your time of rest.

    ReplyDelete

The Mavens and I appreciate you stopping by to leave some love and for your scraptastic entry!