Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sassy Saturday Tips, Tricks and Tutorials

 Welcome to another Saturday Tips, Tricks and tutorials.
Today our talented Maven Tiffany has a wonderful tutorial to share

.
With the snow melting and grass starting to peek through (at least at my house) it's time to start thinking of blue skies and sunny days! Blue sky backgrounds with puffy cloud accents can be very fun and whimsical. I have 2 simple ways to add cloud accents to your pages for your next blue sky layout. My first technique is computer-drawn clouds using MSWord. Here's a screen shot of how I got started:

Click on Insert-Picture-Autoshape-Free Form. This will allow you to draw free form clouds using your mouse. It might take a few tries to get the hang of it, and they'll most likely come out very artsy  and mishapen unless you're amazing with the mouse. Remember: nothing in nature is perfect, and clouds are no exception! Here's a screen shot of my drawing in action:

Once you have clouds you're happy with, simply print onto any kind of paper you'd like for your clouds. I came up with 4 clouds I was happy with, cut and paste to repeat them around the edge of may paper to create a frame. Here's the layout where I used my cloud frame:


My next cloud technique is using scallop punch to create simple and uniform clouds. Here's what I started with for supplies:
Foam dimesional adhesive, black pen, pattern or plain paper of your choice and any size scallop circle punch. I used a 2" punch, the smaller or larger the punch- the smaller or larger the cloud! Flip your punch so you're looking at the underneath, and insert your paper halfway (try to line up the edge of paper with the edges of scallops, if not you can trim the paper afterwards).

Once you've punched out your clouds, I like to use my black pen to add a thin line along the edge. You could also use ink to define the edges.

And here's my "Sky's the Limit" layout using 5 of my scalloped clouds, I adhered 3 with basic adhesive, and popped up 2 with foam squares for a bit of added dimnension. I hope you have sunny blue sky days heading your way!! =) Tiffany

Tiffany this is just wonderful! I love these clouds.
I hope you all give this a try and share with us.

9 comments:

  1. very fun!!! no lovely spring clouds here - only more snow but i think i will play with them anyway - in my craft room it can be spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute layouts, Tiffany!!! What a wonderful to make your own clouds.. And the second one is soo easy!!!!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to make clouds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial...love the second lo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mavens! I have awarded you the Stylish Blog Award! You may pick up your award over at my blog at-www.scrappylos.blogspot.com- Congrats.
    I hope it was ok to send this.
    I just want to say your blog is absolutely awesome!! I love your layouts and challenges!
    Thanks.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tutorial Tiffany!! I love using clouds on my layouts and now I have two more resources! Thanks for sharing! Your layouts are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips Tiffany! I'll be trying out both of these techniques!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! This tutorial will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete

The Mavens and I appreciate you stopping by to leave some love and for your scraptastic entry!