Thursday, January 20, 2011


Thursday Takes # 33

If you are looking for the current Tuesday Takes card challenge, please click here.
Welcome back to Thursday Takes....
We are back today with a beautiful sketch from Sketchabilities.


Our sponsor for this month is the fabby.....


Please welcome our Guest Maven today.....
Khristen

Currently, I operate a papercrafting business, Khristen's Craft Room, and have an Etsy shop where I sell greeting cards, altered jar candles, memo boards, picture frames, and premade scrapbooks. I just opened it up a week ago, so it is all new to me, although I've already made a card sale :) I've been selling cards locally to stores in the area and it has gone well, so I figured why not? If it goes well, I'll be able to continue staying home when my son goes to school full time in 2 years! I am on the sketches4all design team, a Ning forum community with loads of sketches and challenges to keep you scrapping, and also the XOXO Challenge Blog, a scraplift challenge blog that has so many inspiration layouts it's INSANE (and great monthly prizes!)


When I'm not crafting, I enjoy camping, hiking, running, needlepoint, learning how to use my sewing machine (I am not that good at it yet LOL), growing vegetables for our family, baking like crazy (I don't buy bread, I make it!), and carting the kids around to whatever is going on for the night.


I love Sketches in Thyme, and am so psyched to be a guest designer! The sketches are so fun to play with and the community itself is warm and inviting. So much great inspiration from the DT, and I'm honored to have my work featured here alongside all of the Mavens!

Look at this lovely layout she created.....



Now for some inspiration from your always lovely Mavens.....
Barb



Dawn



Isay



Libeeti



Liz


ERIN



















Here is the yummy Lucky Girl Kit up for grabs this month, Forever Love.....


The Mavens and I can't wait to see what you create with this beautiful sketch!!!!

14 comments:

  1. Beutiful sketches
    I'll try do one for participate!
    kisses
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our guest Maven this week!
    Everyone your layouts are just so beautiful. I love how unique everyone's layouts are using the same sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dawn :) Glad to be here. Great work on the sketch, Mavens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Dawn sent me and i am so glad she did, you layoouts are lovely and it has really got me thinking about time i did some scrapbooking
    hugs Debra
    http://acraftersdream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and welcome to our guest designer Khristen!
    beautiful LO's ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn Sent Me. Your sketches are awesome! I would love to participate some time! I have you bookmarked too! I am a follower:) I am always looking for sketches.Thankyou:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Girls
    I do one page to participate
    in time, welcome Khristen!!!
    kisses
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sketches! And everyone your layouts are just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn sent me. I actually visited your site quite often and have even entered cards for some of your challenges since the sketches are so great. Now I have become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just uploaded mine! Thanks for the opportunity to enter! I had fun with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love these layouts! any link to Khristen's etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  12. fun sketch, thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for another great challenge. The sketch was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for a wonderful challenge! I hope you don't mind, but I combined mine w/another challenge. I did, however, link my blog back to this post.

    ReplyDelete

The Mavens and I appreciate you stopping by to leave some love and for your scraptastic entry!