Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sassy Saturday Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials...

If you are looking for the current Tuesday Takes card challenge, please click here.
If you are looking for the current Thursday Takes scrapbook challenge, please click here.

Hello, Beth aka BR-T here to share a fun technique of embossing buttons! I love buttons but sometime I need some texture. Here is a gallery of how I go about getting it:


The supplies needed, pretty straight forward. If you don't own VersaMark, any pigment based ink should do.


Firmly press desired side of button down onto ink pad.


Place the button into the Embossing Powder...


making sure it's well coated. Heat with craft gun.


This is what it looks like after one coat of melted Embossing Powder. Repeat process 2-3 times until the EP sort of makes waves while heated up.


You can see here how it's pretty thick. Have your desired stamp ready to go laying stamp face up and begin your final heating...


...immediately press onto the stamp and hold for a few seconds, the EP will cool rather quickly. Don't fret if you didn't heat the EP enough or press onto stamp hard enough just reheat and try again. You can also add another layer of EP.

Here is the result, but we're not done just yet!


I wanted to give my buttons a sort of "Shabby" look so I rubbed some white Acrylic paint onto the button and carefully wiped off the excess. You could get about a bazillion results just by changing the EP color, the stamp or paint!!!


What do you think?


Here is a card I created using buttons that underwent this fun little transformation. Well I hope you found this little tutorial useful and fun, have a super Saturday! Beth aka BR-T



18 comments:

  1. Very cool idea! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what an awesome tutorial Beth. Gotta try this for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth- I am loving this fun idea!
    Oh the possibilities are endless- I appreciate you showing us how to expand our supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cool idea.. love love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this...i have done this technique with paper, but never thought to use buttons...awesome idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing thanks for sharing
    and thanks dawn for the invite here :)
    hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! So cool and beautiful button!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great technique! Thanks for sharing! Glad I found you through Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous tutorial, definitely going to have to try this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh Beth, this is fantastic!!! what a way to add texture to a layout!! I love this idea!!! I will definitely being doing this one!!!! TFS!!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea! So easy and it uses what I already have laying around! Thanks!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great idea!!! will so have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow~ That is such a great idea! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That's a fantastic tutorial! Thanks! Dawn sent me here...

    ReplyDelete

The Mavens and I appreciate you stopping by to leave some love and for your scraptastic entry!