Friday, December 31, 2010

Sassy Saturday Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials...

If you are looking for the current Tuesday Takes card challenge, please click here. The current Thursday Takes scrapbook challenge can be found here.

Happy New Year to you all!!!! The Mavens and I wish you a very prosperous beginning to 2011!

Time for another Sassy Saturday tutorial. This week I am sharing how to take this stash of scraps and a $2 planner to create a personalized gift item for a friend.


I always keep my scraps and this is a fab project to use some of them up. First, I measured the paper, cut, and inked the edges up.


Next, I attached the papers to the top of the heavy plastic cover.


Then, I added just a touch of striped paper to cover the area where the two papers met. I also added a matching transparent frame to the top of the page.


I also added a beautiful metal antique looking flower to the page and of course I had to add a pearl in the center, as well as a flourish. A girl just can't have vintage with out pearls......


I wanted to stamp the word Dream in the frame....


I know this is a bad photo. I cut a flower from one of the designer papers, cut slits toward the center, then used my tweezers to curl the petals down.


I attached it with a glue dot and then scrunched the petals to form the shape when attached. Had to add a pearl here too....


Next, I added lots of matching ribbons down the spiral binding.


To finish it off, I used a piece of very vanilla ribbon tied to the top of the binding and attached a matching tag. I wrote a little quote on the bookmark tag. This will make it easy for my friend to keep up with her dates!


Here is what the finished planner looks like.....

Super easy project, great personalized gift idea, and a fantastic way to use up those scraps we all hoard!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome way to use up those scraps and someone is going to love receiving this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love how it turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and such a spectacular and personal gift to give someone.
    Love It!
    Happy New year my dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! what a great gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, recycling by using up all those scraps. Fantastic tutorial!.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this turned out gorgeous!!! TFS Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

The Mavens and I appreciate you stopping by to leave some love and for your scraptastic entry!