Tuesday, November 23, 2010


Tuesday Take #1 Guest Designer

If you are looking for the Tuesday Take #1 card sketch, click here. The current scrapbook sketch can be found here.

Introducing our very first Guest Designer for our Tuesday Takes! Drum roll please......

My name is Vanessa and I live in Abbotsford, BC with my boyfriend Steve. I work full time at the hospital as a Pharmacy Technician. This entails counting pills, of course, but also, mixing IV medications, mixing chemotherapy, deciphering doctors writing, compounding creams and many other things. I started scrapbooking about 5 years ago. My first project was a baby book for my cousin Keira (now 5 years old). I used a lot of stickers and decorative scissors. It took me 4 years, on and off, to complete. It was after finishing that album that my passion for scrapbooking began. I decided I would scrapbook for myself, and have been obsessed ever since. So excited to be a Guest DT for Sketches in Thyme!!
Here is Vanessa's beautiful take on this week's sketch! Don't you simply adore that fabric ribbon?
Simply beautiful, Vanessa! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week!
Blessings,

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being the first guest designer! Love your card, and all of your projects so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being the first Guest designer, we are thrilled to have you here.
    Wonderful use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Vanessa! i adore your card it's very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Vanessa! This is a very cute card! The texture is a fun addition -- do I detect some embossing, too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn sent me over, love your site, going to do some more looking around now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn sent me over Im going to go check out your blogg! have a wonderful day!
    kacee
    mcvicwif#yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Vanessa. I'm looking forward to each week's challenge. Hugs and congratulations to all the new designers - it's going to be a fun time.
    http://handmadefromtheheart-designsbylarelyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love the color combos. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Dawns sent me over and I am glad she did!

    ReplyDelete

The Mavens and I appreciate you stopping by to leave some love and for your scraptastic entry!