Monday, November 22, 2010


Intorducing the NEWEST Card Mavens....

If you are looking for the current scrapbook challenge, please click here.
Wowie, lots of fun and incredible talent to introduce to you tonight! So, let's get right to it, introducing the lovely new card Mavens...

Tanya

I love paper and the various things you can do with it. My life is pretty busy. I work full time, have a wonderful husband, and two beautiful daughters, ages 5 1/2 and 4. We are all creative in our own way, and it is a fun house to live in. Life is simply the best.

Beth



Diet Pepsi provides me with late night superpowers so that I can succumb to my papercrafting addiction after a day spent being a partner, mom, grandmother and slave to my menagerie of animals. At my house, where even the dogs get cat hair on them, animal fur is a condiment and everyone is subject to starring in my scrapbook layouts, I look forward to retreating to my craft room at the end of the day to spend time re-fueling my soul by creating with pretty papers and glue. I can't begin to express how thrilled I am to be part of such an exciting and diverse team of card Mavens and feel so honored to have a chance to help inspire you to create beautiful cards with the fabulous sketches here at Sketches in Thyme!

Stacy

Hi! I'm Stacy Koo, residing in Singapore, a tiny red dot in Asia. I work as a Biomedical Regional Engineer and because it is such a physically demanding job, I decided I need to find the other gentle side of me. :)

My scrapbooking interest started 3 years ago after attending a SB class with a colleague. And I haven't look back since then. I do not think that I have a style that I stick to, because I love to experiment with new colors and techniques, but I'd say that I can't do without the color brown! I also love to knit, crochet and sew - these are probably the genes I've inherited from my mom! :)

This amazing hobby has taken me in directions I could only have imagined. I have met some amazing friends and I look forward to all the possibilities to come. Do drop by my blog and say hi! :) Thanks Sketches in Thyme for the great inspirations and sketches, and allowing me to be part of this great team! :)

Angi

Hello fellow crafters! My name is Angi and I am so excited to be on The Sketches In Thyme Card Team. I live in "Terrific Texas" and I am a mom of two wonderful daughters - Rebekah & Rachel (and our spoiled cat Melodie)!

I got hooked on paper crafting after a friend invited me to crop about 10 years ago. Now I'm a "Paper Addict". My creative background is all over the place. I've worked as a journalist & photographer while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps, I've written for local community newspapers, and am now studying graphic design. I'm also a Jr. High English teacher.

You can see more of my projects at cokiepopaper.blogspot.com. I would describe my style as Colorful, Fun, and Whimsical. I am addicted to patterned paper, chipboard and flowers. I am super duper excited to design for Kim and this very talented team.

Cindy

Hi! I am Cindy-screen name Scrapincin.
I am a wife of 39 years and mother of two grown daughters. They are Becky and Kellie. I have two grandchildren, Maggie who is 6-½ years old and Bobby who is 4 years old. I watch them during the week while their parents are at work. I also am a retired nurse. I retired in October 2009.
I started scrapping two years ago and fell in love with this hobby! Now I make cards also and some other paper crafts. It’s funny as I had purchased a scrap booking kit from QVC and it sat in the box under my sofa for at least five years, never used. All that time wasted. I think the idea of all those photographs waiting was too overwhelming. My sister-in-law had a crop and told me to do the photos on my camera at that time. That started this ball rolling and look where I am now!
I hope to encourage and inspire you to scrap and enjoy this craft as much as I do.

Beth

Hi, my name is Beth Ranney-Thomas aka BR-T and yes indeed Inky Fingers Rule especially with glitter and glue added to the mix! I live with my three children and very supportive husband($$$$) who inspire me every day. My passion for paper started with the birth of my first child and my meager attempts to scrapbook using decorative scissors, Elmer's glue, colored construction paper, and a conglomerate of alphabet stickers. True Story! Well lets just say 10 years changes a person inside and out but my passion for paper has grown at an exponential rate. The last few years with a lot of help from the blogging world I have had the opportunity to cross paths with so many creative people. A few of those kind souls gave me opportunities to be involved with design teams talk about an experience I have loved like no other. I am so thankful for the need to keep my hands busy, it has taken me places I would have never imagined!

Marisol

Hello Amigas! My name is Marisol Gutierrez. I am a married SAHM of two beautiful children (Solimar 5 and Joaquin 2). I was a Bilingual Kindergarten teacher prior to being a Mom. Currently, I am a Stampin UP demo but looking forward to going back to teaching in a classroom one day. In the meantime I love cardmaking, gift giving and occasionally scrapbooking (I am working on this weakness). I hope you will come and play with me as I will assure that you will have FUN, FUN, FUN.

I am certain that you all join me in a warm welcome for these lovely and talented ladies. They will be back at 6:00 am (est) tomorrow with their first reveal.....


8 comments:

  1. Hello Amigas. Congratulations to all of you. Looking forward to getting to know you and possibly getting inky fingers with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited, I hope to get to know all of you Maven's more!
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome each and every one of you talented ladies!
    Oh I am so excited to see so many talented crafters joining us as a Maven.
    Look forward to all the inspiration you will be sharing.
    If there is anything you need don't hesitate to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats ladies!!! I can't wait to see all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo happy to be here with all of you. Let the fun begin. So excited about our debut tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Look at all this fabulous talent! Can't wait to see the new cards!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome and so nice to meet everyone on the team!!!! I can't wait to get to know everyone better, create, and be inspired by all of you, the ladies who submit their interpretations of our cards, the other mavens and Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations ladies and welcome! i can't wait to see all your fabulous works.
    hugs,
    isay :D

    ReplyDelete

The Mavens and I appreciate you stopping by to leave some love and for your scraptastic entry!