Sunday, September 19, 2010


Introducing something new....

If you are looking for our current challenge, please click here. It is still open until September 22.
I'm sharing a new challenge site with you today. This site is kind of like a sister to us. Brenda and I are Better Living through Scrapbooking DT girls. I used this week's Challenge 15 sketch for my DT project at Better Scrap. Here's their challenge this week,


“Holiday paper challenge”
Use holiday-themed papers (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, 4th of July, etc.) to create a non-holiday themed page layout or mini album.

Choose at least two of the following prompts:
1. Use photos that are at least five years old.
2. Use punches or a die-cut machine to hand-make embellishments or letters out of patterned paper for your page.
3. Use pop-dots to give 3-D dimension to an element of your page.
4. Use numbers in the title of your page.
5. Use rubber or acrylic stamps somewhere on your page.

Don't you agree, this sketch was perfect for this layout!!!!

I so enjoyed this Holiday paper challenge. I loved putting my wedding photos to this yummy Graphic 45 paper. I really challenged myself to use each of the criteria on this one!

So here goes, I used two photos from my wedding, almost 14 years ago!! Next, I used my Cricut Expression George and Basic Shapes cart to cut the hearts, and the Cherry Limeade cart for the title. Then I used pop dots to add some dimension behind the hearts. I put a 4 in my title, and used rubber stamps for the stitching above the hearts and for the journal box.

Techniques used, I love to use my distress inks on the edges of my papers. I also used my Cuttlebug to emboss the circle element and the hearts. Then I spritzed them with some Pearl Glimmer Mist.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock “Really Red 80# 12×12“; Papers: Graphic 45 “Christmas Past Collection: Carol of the Bells, We Wish You a Merry Christmas,” “Hallowe’en in Wonderland”; Adhesives: Plaid Pop dots; Stamps: Close to My Heart “Simple Stitches,” Scrappy Cat “journal box”; Ink: Close to My Heart “Chocolate distress inks”; Color spray: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist “Pearl”; Ribbon: Scrapgoods.com; Tools: Cuttlebug and “d’vine” embossing folder.

Please visit Brenda and my other Better Scrap sisters today. Hopefully, you be inspired to try this fun challenge as well!
Blessings,

8 comments:

  1. Great challenge. And I love your beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge. I LOVE what you did with that Graphic pp. I have that pp I think I may just use it the same way you did for my mom's wedding pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim... what a gorgeous bride you are!! I love the wedding photos!! This LO is fabulous with all the fabulous papers and the embossing is the perfect touch!! I may just have to try out this new challenge site!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is great! And what a wonderful way to promote Better Living Through Scrapbooking. I think when people start playing, they will be hooked to the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout!! Love that rich red colour!! And wow - what a wedding dress! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, your layout is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the graphic 45 paper and the embossed hearts and circle!! You were a beautiful bride!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful bride! Gorgeous layout Kim! Love how you incorporated the embossing!

    ReplyDelete

The Mavens and I appreciate you stopping by to leave some love and for your scraptastic entry!