Sunday, July 11, 2010


A fun easy tutorial....

Challenge 5 is still open, go here to see the challenge or to add your link...

Hello everyone, I'm Barb and I have a fun tutorial for you today!!!! These flowers are easy peasy to make!!

This is what you are going to need: I like to use 2 patterned papers and 1 solid. You only need one size circle punch to make the flower. The bigger the circle punch, the bigger the flower!

I like to use my punch upside down so I can see exactly where I am punching!

I punched out 3 circles from each pattern.

Next you need to fold in the two sides so they touch in the middle.

Do this with all six circles.

I then pick one pattern and cut on the fold half way up.

With the other pattern, I cut on the fold from the top, and go half way down. It's hard to tell in the picture!

Once I have made the cuts in all 6 circles, I lay them out in order, with the part of the circle I folded facing in.

Now it is easy to slide the ones that were cut from the bottom (green) into the ones that were cut from the top (stripes).

Continue until you have all 6 circles connected.

To hold it all together, I lift up a part of the overlapped circle and place a small drop of glue on the paper. (If you look really hard, you can see the glue on the flap that is lifted up!!)

Once they are all glued together, I add a button to the center using a glue dot. Now, once I layered this flower on my LO, it kind of got lost in the other patterns, so I had to come up with a way to separate it from the other papers.

So... I cut out 6 circles from the solid cardstock using the same punch as the patterned papers.

I placed some adhesive on the back.....

and worked my way around the flower, letting a little of the red stick out behind each circle!

This is what the finished circle looks like!!

I also made a smaller flower out of circles. (I used a smaller punch to get these.) I cut out 5 patterned paper circles and one solid circle.

Then I just started laying them down in a circle, overlapping each circle as I went.

I added glue to the back of the solid circle and placed it on top... this is what holds the flower together. If you wanted to, you could glue each circle together as you put them together, but it really is not necessary!

Add a button with a glue dot and you are finished!!

And here it is again on the final LO! Thank you so much for taking the time to look through ALL of these pictures... I know there were quite a few! I would love to hear any comments that you have!!
barb :)

If you make one of these easy flowers, I'd love to see it, please leave a link to your project here in a comment! Happy Scrapping!!!!
Blessings,

18 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! That really does look easy! Sure...I can say that now, but I haven't tried it yet...lol.
    Thanks Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial. I love how the flowers came out. I cant wait to try them.

    Emily C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one word can describe these flowers...WOW. Like Emily I can't wait to try them either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I will definitely give this a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful Barb, loves this tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what an awesome tutorial and your LO is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute and simple! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great flower tutorial! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your tutorial, Barb.. I will have to give this a try..

    Amanda:0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great tutorial! Thanks for taking the time to share.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the tutorial Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this great turorial, Barb!
    I just can't wait to try this flower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Love this idea! I need to make my precious neice a card and this would be perfect!
    Thanks for the great explanation!
    Kim H

    ReplyDelete
  14. great tuturial indeed will diffently try this

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to post this on my blog - please email me at scrappinpsycho@live.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun! Made a couple of these flowers this morning....so easy and wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This tutorial is fantastic!!! :-)

    I'm a new follower sent by http://dawnscrafts.blogspot.com/

    thank you very much
    Chiara
    http://ideekiare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

The Mavens and I appreciate you stopping by to leave some love and for your scraptastic entry!